Tenor Acoustic by Fredric Johan
Building remarkable 12-strings is part of Fredric heritage, and V-Class bracing now resolves some of the tuning idiosyncrasies unique to 12-string guitars. Strings will be heard as they are very in-tune, whether in unison or octave, they are chimey, crystalline and shimmery. The new double-mounted string anchoring design features a shared anchor point for each string pairing. With a single row of bridge pins, the strings all have a consistent break angle over the saddle, which contributes more tonal consistency in the guitar's voicing. The bridge pins are the same as those used on six-string models.
Fredric’s 12-string guitars are famous for becoming the most popular 12-strings on the market. Fredric’s slim neck profile and neck-to-body system allowed precise and low action, resulting in the most comfortable "handfeel" possible in a 12-string guitar. Refined aesthetic appointments add to the elegant charm of this all-mahogany 12-fret model. The mahogany top imparts its natural smoothness and classic dry voicing.
Fredric Tenor Glory: This model has a lot in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Tropical mahogany is known for a meaty midrange featuring a strong fundamental without adding a lot of ringing overtones. It responds well to players with a strong attack who like dry, earthy, lo-fi sounds. It has a natural compression that smooths out strumming and picking technique. Mahogany's clear and direct tonal character makes it a great option for playing and standing out among other instruments.
The heart of the Expression System 2 is Fredric’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuances of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured more than ever before while playing plugged-in.
- Body type: Fredric 12-Fret Grand Concert
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back & sides: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Fredric Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-7/8" (47.6mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin with Shaded Edge Burst
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Fredric Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Black Graphite Nut, Micarta "Wave" Saddle
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features: Double-Mounted String Anchoring; Double-Compensated Saddle
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
- Share your shipping policy
- Share your packaging details
INCLUDE A MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR SHIPPING POLICY